Today is my first day of #100DaysOfCode. The first task was to set up this blog. I am using Jekyll to host this directly on GitHub. I encountered some issues when setting the
url parameter in the
_config.yml file. For now I am leaving it as an empty string since putting my actual domain seems to cause problems.
I have several personal projects that I want to work on over the next 100 days. I already have GitHub repositories for most of these on GitHub:
- Baseball Card Tracker - This is an Android app which I started several years ago. I have a long list of additional features and bug fixes in the issue tracker. My first goal with this app is to create a REST API with Django.
- pytrade - Python module which interfaces with the ETrade API.
- rosalind - Solutions to problems at rosalind.info
- Project Euler - Solutions to Project Euler problems
- Mathy Bird - Clone of Flappy Bird with an educational twist
- Crypto Pals - Solutions to Crypto Pals problems
pytrade and the Crypto Pals solutions are both in Python and will give me more practice. My solutiosn to Rosalind and Project Euler problems are in Haskell. I want to explore this language further and become better at it. As I mentioned above, I also want to learn backend web development with Django. I also want to build a web-based frontend as a companion for the Baseball Card Tracker Android app.
These are just a few of the projects that I want to work on. I know I won’t finish them all in the next 100 days. My goal is to pick one or two of them and work an hour each day improving what I already started.